Thanks for following us, we’ve moved to our new site so be sure to check it out here.
Welcome to our first in our series of blogs post from our expert team at Brown Sugar. Our fab team of Kohl Cosmetics‘ make-up artists at Brown Sugar Hair & Beauty and Sugar Cubed – Sarah, Cara, Amy and Dearbhla are going to be blogging about their top make-up tips and more over the next few months. You’ll get an amazing insight into what they get up to in salon and out on shoots. From makeup applications to makeup courses, 3D brows and everything else in between!
First up is Dearbhla Keenan,and James Coleman, Senior Stylist. Here they give us some top tips for attaining that perfect make-up look and the style you’ve always wanted.
Debs season is upon us and for all you debutants that are worried about perfecting your hair and make-up, we have you covered.
So, you have already booked your hair and make-up appointments for the day, here are a few tips from our experts so you’re prepared.
Our head makeup artist Dearbhla Keenan at Brown Sugar tells us how you can be prepared pre make-up.
1. Make sure you arrive for your make-up fresh faced. Wearing make-up if your going to be taking it off and reapplying it again can irritate the skin.
2. Moisturise from the night before. Moisturising right before hand will create more oils on your skin and your foundation won’t be as long lasting throughout the night.
3. Be prepared, have the items that you will need for a top up ready to go and you can purchase these items in salon too in case you don’t have any.
4. When it comes to tanning, have it pre done and washed off before coming in. Your artist will be able to match your foundation with your tan perfectly if this is done.
5. Bring a picture in of your dress, so your makeup artist can take into account what tones to go for.
Our Stylist James Coleman from Brown Sugar has some tips for all you debutants on how to prepare for your day.
1. Arrive to the salon with clean dry hair, this will give the best result for your blowdry or upstyle.
2. If you have extensions, make sure they are very clean, dry and brushed through. This is such a time saver for your stylist and then can focus on your finished look opposed to be worrying about the extensions.
3. A consultation is one of the most important steps to getting your hair and makeup done, make sure you are clear with what you want and if at any point you don’t like what you see, speak up so your stylist can correct it before there finished.
4. Take advice, an open mind is key to getting a look you want. Although you might be prepared and have an idea of what you want just bare in mind that certain looks don’t suit everyone and might not go with the cut of the dress and flow with the makeup.
5. Bring in images for inspiration, however we do have an iPad in the salon to search for images in case you don’t bring any.
★ The Summer of Glamour ★
At Brown Sugar we like to reward our clients and so we have another sweet summer offer!
Get travel ready and feel the professional difference with these complementary L’Oreal Travel Packs when you spend €100 or more in Brown Sugar salons.
The exclusive L’Oreal Travel Packs are full of all your travel essentials like Vitamino colour; Shampoo 100ml & Masque 75ml and Pro – Keratin Refill.
Offer available on all hair and makeup services, or KOHL cosmetics products throughout August and September.
★ The summer of glamour ★
At Brown Sugar we like to reward our clients and so we have a sweet summer offer!
Book in for colour from now until mid August and you will receive a complimentary file and paint.
The perfect addition to a summer of glamorous parties and nights out.
Just mention the offer whilst booking, and for more info just ask in salon!
Valid Monday to Thursday only. Valid until August 11th. T&Cs apply. #SugarCulture
Today we love red! Any style, any shade, but here’s our favourites! Get the best advice about the colour and style to suit your colouring and match your face shape form our experts in salon.
If you want to make a bold statement by going red then come and speak to us!
And in the meantime here are some red heads we love to inspire you!
Kohl Cosmetics Professional Makeup Course, is where you can gain all you need to start you on your journey of becoming an A-List makeup artist.
Course dates August:
2 Day Intense course (2 courses)
Course 1 Mon 10th and Tues 11th
Course 2 Wed 20th and Thurs 21st
Course dates October:
4week course, Wednesday evenings in Blackrock salon 6-9pm
Wednesday 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th.
Download the full brochure here.
We’re great fans on the simple bun here at Brown Sugar, it may be a simple up-do but boy is it effective. It’s versatile and can be perfect for any occasion from a summer brunch to a more sleek one for a wedding or special occasion. Plus add an accessory and it’s a whole new look.
We’ve pick our favourites for inspiration!
Summer is here so we look as a hair tutorial for a summer braided updo! But if this seems beyond your talents then one of our stylists can help!