In aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Association of Ireland, Brown Sugar owner Mark O’Keeffe and senior stylist Christian Shannon are taking part in the Saoirse Dunne Thunderbolt fight night on Sunday the 4th December to help fundraise for this very worthy cause.
Mark and Christian will be stepping into the boxing ring to fight it out, and raise as much money for the cause as they possibly can. Tickets to the event are €30 and can be purchased directly from Brown Sugar.
All donations are welcome and can be made through the links provided. Any donation no matter how small is hugely appreciated!
Mark’s Link: http://www.mycharity.ie/event/mark_okeeffes_event/
Christian’s Link: http://www.mycharity.ie/event/christian_shannons_event/
Here is a little bit more about the Cystic Fibrosis Association of Ireland:
The Cystic Fibrosis Association of Ireland, which is totally dependent on fundraising and voluntary donations, is the body responsible for the provision of a wide range of services to the Cystic Fibrosis community in the Republic of Ireland.
- Assistance, financial or otherwise, to persons with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Funding for medical research into the cause and cure of this incurable disease.
- Funding of specialist multidisciplinary posts in hospitals throughout Ireland.
- A domiciliary physiotherapy service to children with cystic fibrosis.
- Campaigning and lobbying at political level for improved treatments and facilities for persons suffering with cystic fibrosis.
Cystic Fibrosis is Ireland’s most common genetically inherited disease, yet there is currently no cure. We have the highest incidence of the disease in the developed world, with every 1 in 19 people being carriers of the recessive CF gene. It is when two carriers of the recessive gene parent a child together, that there is a 1 in 4 risk of the child having the disease.