Creating the sophisticated look
1. Apply a light eyeshadow over your entire eyelid from lash line to eyebrow bone, but not beyond.
2. Define the crease of your eyelid using a medium or dark shade. The deeper the shade, the more dramatic the look.
3. To open up your eyes so that they appear livelier, place a dot of a light shade in the inner corner of each eye.
Tip: When choosing an eyeshadow shade, keep in mind that a pastel shade will look softer while a darker shade will appear more dramatic when applied.
Creating a more elegant / dramatic look
1. To create a gorgeous night time look, use light, medium and dark eyeshadow shades in graduated tones. Apply the dark shade along your lash line, the medium shade on the crease, and a light shade up to the eyebrow bone but not beyond. Soften and blend any hard edges so one colour seems to melt into the next.
2. To open up your eyes so that they appear livelier, place a dot of a light shadow in the inner corner of each eye.
3. For a sexy, smoky effect, trace the upper and lower lashes with a dark shadow then smudge with a blending brush. To optimise the look, this can also be done over eyeliner.