We came across a great article in todays Irish Sun, which we felt might be of interest to our clients! We often get asked questions about hair care, mainly ‘are regular trims really necessary for healthy hair’ the answer is yes, but if you would like to know a little more as to why, read these 8 tips for a healthy crown.
- The secret to healthy hair is strong hair! Trim off any split ends you may have. If split ends are left uncut, they will continue up the shaft and damage more of your, get rid.
- You should wash your hair every day. This keeps the scalp clean and creates a healthier environment for your hair to grow. However if you have quite dry hair, it may be worth skipping a day with washing your hair, to let your hair absorb some of the natural oils from your body.
- Using cooler water to wash and rinse your hair helps to lock in moisture which creates amazing shine and softness.
- Always brush your hair from the ends up to the top to avoid breakage.
- Its always best to let your hair dry naturally, if you do need to use heat, make sure to apply a heat protection spray first. If you don’t its like putting an iron onto your skin!
- During sun exposure, remember your skin isn’t the only thing which needs protecting, sun exposure can dry the outside layer of your hair making it look dull. You can buy products now which have UVA and UVB filters, we recommend the Kerastase Soleil range, available in salon.
- Nutrition is essential for maintaining youthful and vibrant hair. Eat well, and reaps the benefits! Milk, Fish, Nuts, and Eggs are a great source of protein which help keep your hair in tip-top condition.
- If you need help, always see a registered consultant tricholigist.