Get back to basics with a kohl eyeliner pencil to create a rocking smokey eye. By smudging and blending your liner you can achieve the look with any colour. Brown Sugar make-up artist Dearbhla Keenan recommends Kohl liner, saying “It’s the perfect tool for creating this look”. (Price €15)
Kohl pencil eyeliner – Choose a kohl pencil and you can blend it as much or as little as you like, so you can create the look.
Blending brush – With its short and dense bristles it will help create the smokey effect.
Smudge brush – For use on the lower lash line.
Mascara and setting powder – You can use the same powder as your face makeup, and just make sure it’s translucent. (Kohl Mascara €15, Translucent Powder price €32)
Now let’s go through it step by step:
- First, line your upper lashline from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner.
- Next you simply draw a line directly above the first line.
- Continue drawing lines above one another until you reach the eye lid crease.
- Then using your blending brush go over all the lines you’ve created.
- Continue to blend into and above the crease.
- Next step is to trace the lower lashline with the same pencil.
- Using your smudge brush, smudge the line back and forth with short strokes to really work it into the lashline.
- You can go back over the upper lashline with the pencil.
- Make sure to use a mascara to help finish off the look.
- Finally set it with your setting powder, so your smokey eye lasts.
For a full range of products check out products online – http://www.brownsugar.ie/kohl/